Zombie Villagers are hostile mobs added to Minecraft in Update 1.4.2. have similar behavior to the regular Zombie. They spawn naturally as 5% of all Zombies. Zombie Villagers have a Zombie's skin and a Villager's head. They occur when Zombies lay siege to a village and kill Villagers. If a baby villager is killed, it becomes a Baby Zombie Villager. Like Zombies, Zombie Villagers may spawn with an item equipped. This is also true with Baby Zombie Villagers.
- When a Zombie kills a Villager in Hard or Normal difficulty (100% chance and 50% chance respectively)
- At light levels of 7 and below
To cure a zombie villager, the Player must find one and approach it. Prepare a spalsh potion of weakness and a golden apple before you. Throw the potion at them to weaken them so you can get near, then feed them a golden apple (not an enchanted golden apple) and they will no longer be zombie villagers.
Note- The duration and/or stregnth of the spalsh potion of weakness does not matter.
- The most common tool for a Zombie Villager to have equipped is an Iron Shovel.
- When using the zombie spawn egg, there is a 5% chance that a Zombie Villager will spawn.
- Zombie villagers have their own sounds, added in 1.11.