Wood is very common. It makes up every tree in the Minecraft world. There are six main types: Oak, Birch, Spruce, Dark Oak, Acacia, and Jungle. These are obtained from their respective trees. Their crafting is not affected, even though they make different colored Wooden Planks. However, some items created from different planks will have exactly the same texture.
- Oak Wood is medium brown and has vertical streaks.
- Spruce Wood is a darker version of Oak Wood.
- Dark Oak Wood is a darker version of Oak Wood, but more gray than Spruce Wood.
- Acacia Wood has gray bark with an orange center.
- Birch Wood is white with small black patches. The cross-section of the log shows white bark around the edge.
- Jungle Wood is chocolate brown with horizontal streaks.
- Jungle Wood is the only block that Cocoa Beans can grow on (right click)
- All Wood blocks can be smelted in a Furnace to make Charcoal.
- Despite it being less efficient than using Wooden Planks, these blocks are often used to make poles.
- Spruce Wood is sometimes called "Chocolate Wood."
|Surface||Dirt • Grass Block • Podzol • Mycelium • Grassless Dirt • Sand • Gravel • Clay • Moss Stone • Wood • Red Sand • Packed Ice • Snow • Snow (Cover) • Ice • Water • Lava|
|Underground||Stone • Coal Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Lapis Lazuli Ore • Diamond Ore • Redstone Ore • Emerald Ore|
|Dimension Specific||Netherrack • Soul Sand • Glowstone • Nether Quartz Ore • End Stone|
|Structure Specific||Cobblestone • Wood Planks • Fence • Nether Brick (Block) • Stone Brick • Mossy Stone Brick • Cracked Stone Brick • Chiseled Stone Brick • Torch • Sea Lantern • Dark Prismarine • Prismarine Bricks • Prismarine • Glass Pane|
|Decoration||Fern • Large Fern • Tall Grass • Double Tallgrass • Lilac • Peony • Rose Bush • Sunflower • Poppy • Dandelion • Blue Orchid • Allium • Azure Bluet • Oxeye Daisy • Tulip • Lily Pad • Sugar Cane • Vines • Cactus|