Trees are almost everywhere in Minecraft, occurring in all biomes except Desert, Ice Plains Spikes, Ocean, Deep Ocean, and Plains. They occur in all forested biomes and are the player's primary source of wood and only source of Leaves in a world. Trees can be grown by the player using Saplings. They also aren't in default superflat worlds.
- Oak trees have medium-brown bark and occur in Forest, Extreme Hills, Tundra, and Flower Forest biomes.
- Spruce trees have darker wood and occur in Mega Taiga, Cold Taiga, Snowless Taiga, and Extreme Hills + biomes.
- Jungle trees have medium-brown wood with a green tinge and occur in Jungle and Savanna Biomes.
- Birch trees have white bark with black spots and occur in Birch Forest, Forest, and Flower Forest biomes.
- Dark Oak Trees have darker wood and occur in Roofed Forest Biomes.
- Acacia Trees have gray bark with an orange center and occur in Savanna Biomes.
- Trees (Wood) is the only renewable resource in Minecraft, apart from crops.