The TNT Minecart is similar to a normal Minecart, but contains a block of TNT which blocks Mobs and the players from riding in it. It will explode in these conditions:
- It moves over a powered Activator Rail (after a 4 second delay).
- It derails and falls more than three blocks.
- It's destroyed while in motion.
- It's destroyed by fire, lava or an explosion.
- It turns on a curved track with a solid block or entity located beside the track (in the previous movement direction).
- It is possible to send a player flying by placing multiple TNT Minecarts on one track and then destroying the track.
- TNT Minecarts are often used in traps.