|Attack Strength||Easy: 1|
|First Appearance||Classic 0.24_02|
mobs in Minecraft, along with Spiders, Creepers, and Zombies. They spawn in dark places and carry a bow, which they use to shoot at the player if they come within 10 blocks of the skeleton. Skeletons will run into shade when daylight comes, but will burn if in the sunlight. They drop 0-2 Bones, 0-2 Arrows and rarely a Bow when killed, making it very rewarding to kill them, especially for archers. Unfortunately, the bows dropped usually have very low durability, but are very rarely sometimes enchanted. Skeletons, being smarter than Zombies, will run into shade or water in the daytime when they start burning. This makes it dangerous to build a house in a Forest Biome or other shaded biome. Multiple skeletons are very dangerous to lightly equipped players.
Where they live naturally
- Bones 1-2 75% percent chance drop
- Arrows - 1-2 75% percent chance drop
- Bow 1-1 25% percent chance drop
- If a Skeleton hits and kills a Creeper without the creeper killing the skeleton, the Creeper will drop a music disc.
- Skeletons begin strafing at long range because of their longe range weapon.
- If a Skeleton is spawned in the Nether, it has an 80% chance of being a Wither Skeleton. If a Wither Skeleton is spawned naturally, it may be a Skeleton as well.
- Skeletons have gold armor on more commonly than any other armor type.
- On Halloween, Skeletons may spawn with a Pumpkin on their head.
- The achievement "Sniper duel" can be obtained by killing a skeleton from long range with a bow.
- In Minecraft Pocket Edition, skeletons can be seen aiming when the player is in range.
|Hostile||Wither Skeleton • Skeleton • Silverfish • Witch • Spider Jockey • Ghast • Magma Cube • Chicken Jockey • Zombie Villager • Endermite • Blaze • Slime • Creeper • Cave Spider • Zombie|
|Neutral||Spider Jockey • Chicken Jockey • Enderman • Spider • Wolf • Iron Golem • Zombie Pigman|
|Friendly||Squid • Ocelot • Chicken • Villager • Bat • Cow • Mooshroom • Horse • Pig • Snow Golem • Pig • Sheep|
|Unimplemented||Fish (Mob) • Friendly Wither • Redstone Bug • Giant • Human • Rana|
|Boss||Wither • Ender Dragon|