Sheep are one of the passive mobs in Minecraft. Their wool can be dyed, but this takes resources, so many players think of it as wasting. Sheep can spawn with white, black, brown, and gray wool. They drop wool and Mutton when killed, making floating wool blocks an almost definite sign of a Wither or wolves in the area. White sheep spawn the most while Black, brown and grey wooled sheep spawn less or are rarer to.
BabySheep can be bred with Wheat. They will produce a small sheep whose color is related to its parents (ex. a white sheep and dark gray sheep will produce a light gray sheep). Baby sheep cannot be sheared until they age up.
- Naturally spawning pink, yellow, green, blue, and red sheep have been seen.
- Wool can be dyed while still on the sheep.
- When a dyed sheep is sheared, it will grow back its dyed color.
- The most colors of naturally spawning sheep is White, Black, Brown, Light and Dark Gray, and a chance of pink, red, yellow, blue, or dark green in certain worlds. Often, certain worlds have larger spawn rates of a certain color; seeds can regulate this.
- If you wish to have dyed wool, dying sheep is better than dying each individual wool block you get; sheep will regrow their wool dyed.
- If one uses a Name Tag to name a sheep "jeb_" it will slowly change colors. However, it will still drop the color wool it had before renaming.
|Hostile||Wither Skeleton • Skeleton • Silverfish • Witch • Spider Jockey • Ghast • Magma Cube • Chicken Jockey • Zombie Villager • Endermite • Blaze • Slime • Creeper • Cave Spider • Zombie|
|Neutral||Spider Jockey • Chicken Jockey • Enderman • Spider • Wolf • Iron Golem • Zombie Pigman|
|Friendly||Squid • Ocelot • Chicken • Villager • Bat • Cow • Mooshroom • Horse • Pig • Snow Golem • Pig • Sheep|
|Unimplemented||Fish (Mob) • Friendly Wither • Redstone Bug • Giant • Human • Rana|
|Boss||Wither • Ender Dragon|