In brewing, is used to extend the time a potion provides an effect. This is useful if a player wants to undergo longer expeditions (such as an Extended Potion of Night Vision for exploring a deep cave instead of a normal one, or a long swim across a lava lake in the Nether with an extended Potion of Fire Resistance).
Used for Crafting
- Redstone Torch
- Redstone Lamp
- Block of Redstone
- Note Block
- Sticky Piston (Indirectly; requires Piston)
- Redstone Repeater (Indirectly; requires Redstone Torch)
- Redstone Comparator (Indirectly; requires Redstone Torch)
- When Notch was asked why Redstone appeared as dust and not as ingots, Notch said that he was thinking of adding alchemy to Minecraft. This later appeared as Brewing.
- Redstone is the only placeable powder.
- Redstone signals will travel through Slab Blocks, but not full blocks.
- Notch planned to add gears to Minecraft, which act like Redstone but it's placed on walls.
- However, Notch added Redstone instead.
|Liquids||Water • Lava|
|Redstone||Piston Extension • Redstone Wire • Redstone Torch (Off) • Redstone Lamp (On) • Redstone Repeater (On) • Redstone Comparator (On)|
|Plants||Nether Wart (Growing) • Potato (Growing) • Carrot (Growing) • Wheat (Growing)|
|Misc||Fire • End Portal (Block) • Nether Portal (Block) • Locked Chest|