Poison is a status effect that will slowly decrease a mob or player's health, but never kill them; instead, it will leave them with half a heart if given long enough. The health bar will turn bile yellow if a player is poisoned. Poison can be inflicted by potions, the /effect command, or a Cave Spider's bite.
- Tiny Slimes are immune to poison; this is because they only have half a heart.
- Potions of Poison are one of the three potions that have no extended effect when on level II.
- Undead mobs are immune to poison; they are also immune to Regeneration.
- A Cave Spider cannot poison if it has the Weakness effect on it.
- A normal Spider is immune to Poison as well.