|Nether Quartz Ore|
|Full name||Nether Quartz Ore|
|Minimum tool level||Wood|
|Reaction to redstone||Inert|
|Affected by gravity||No|
Nether Quartz Ore is an ore added in Update 1.5, found in the Nether. Although it may seem extremely common in the Nether (this is caused by the fact that it has no Y-level requirement), it is as common as Iron Ore is in the regular Overworld. Nether Quartz Ore is currently the only ore found in the Nether. When mined, it yields 1 Nether Quartz (1-4 if the Fortune enchantment is used). It can then be made into many variations of Quartz Blocks.
How to obtain
- Mine with a Wooden Pickaxe or higher with Silk Touch to obtain the ore, not the item, Nether Quartz.
- Nether Quartz Ore is the second ore whose product is used in Redstone components. The first is Redstone Ore.
- Nether Quartz Ore, Ruby Ore(removed), Lapis Lazuli Ore, and Emerald Ore are the only ores to not use the normal ore texture.
- Although it is as common as iron, it can be mined with a Wooden Pickaxe while iron requires stone.
- Mining it is considered to be the best method of gaining experience, aside from other things like multiple Monster Spawners next to each other(especially double or triiple Blaze Spawners) or defeating a boss mob, like the Ender Dragon or the Wither.
|Surface||Dirt • Grass Block • Podzol • Mycelium • Grassless Dirt • Sand • Gravel • Clay • Moss Stone • Wood • Red Sand • Packed Ice • Snow • Snow (Cover) • Ice • Water • Lava|
|Underground||Stone • Coal Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Lapis Lazuli Ore • Diamond Ore • Redstone Ore • Emerald Ore|
|Dimension Specific||Netherrack • Soul Sand • Glowstone • Nether Quartz Ore • End Stone|
|Structure Specific||Cobblestone • Wood Planks • Fence • Nether Brick (Block) • Stone Brick • Mossy Stone Brick • Cracked Stone Brick • Chiseled Stone Brick • Torch • Sea Lantern • Dark Prismarine • Prismarine Bricks • Prismarine • Glass Pane|
|Decoration||Fern • Large Fern • Tall Grass • Double Tallgrass • Lilac • Peony • Rose Bush • Sunflower • Poppy • Dandelion • Blue Orchid • Allium • Azure Bluet • Oxeye Daisy • Tulip • Lily Pad • Sugar Cane • Vines • Cactus|