Mob heads are aesthetic blocks. There is a mob head for each of the basic mobs except Spiders. There is an additional Human head, either representing the Player or the removed Human mob. As of Update 1.8 all mob heads, except the Human Head, are obtainable through the /give command.
- Human head, Zombie head, Creeper head and Skeleton head - Dropped by corresponding mob when blown up by a Charged Creeper.
- Wither Skeleton skull - Rarely dropped by Wither Skeletons when killed.
- Dragon head - Spawns naturally on the front of End City Ships.
- All Mob Heads, when broken, release Soul Sand particles.
- Even though Wither Skeletons have larger heads than the others, their skull is the same size.
- Player Skulls used to be able to be customized via renaming on an Anvil. This has been removed and now requires a map editor. However, if player heads are obtained, they now show both layers of the head, instead of just the base layer.