Fighting Magma Cubes
Magma Cubes do not require a special technique to kill. Just avoid their jumps and hit them. Since they do not have ranged attacks, the Bow is not needed and a sword is the best weapon against them so long as it has a better power than a Bow. At the Nether point of the game, it's not too overboard to assume you have a diamond sword, which inflicts 3.5 hearts damage. If a Magma Cube falls into lava, it will not burn, but will be unable to get out, similarly to Slimes in water. This can be used to trap them and kill them easier.
- Magma Cream (large and small only)
Where they live naturally
- Fire resistant
- Magma Cubes do not take damage unless drowning when in Water, despite being made of magma.
- Medium Magma Cubes are not the product of the death of a Large Magma Cube.
- Magma Cubes may be filled with Lava with a tough outer skin.
- Before it comes out of the ground, lava is called magma. This may hint that Magma Cubes come from deep beneath the surface of the world. With their jelly-like body, they would be able to withstand the crushing pressures that would shatter almost anything else.
- Magma Cubes can jump over Fences and other 1.5 block tall blocks. The large ones can jump 3.5 blocks into the air.
- Magma Cubes do not take fall damage.
- When in lava, unlike most mobs, Magma Cubes are not shown to be on fire.
- Magma Cubes and Slimes are the only mobs with particle effects.
- Magma Cubes have the lowest drop chance of any mob to drop their primary drop(s) at 25%.
|Hostile||Wither Skeleton • Skeleton • Silverfish • Witch • Spider Jockey • Ghast • Magma Cube • Chicken Jockey • Zombie Villager • Endermite • Blaze • Slime • Creeper • Cave Spider • Zombie|
|Neutral||Spider Jockey • Chicken Jockey • Enderman • Spider • Wolf • Iron Golem • Zombie Pigman|
|Friendly||Squid • Ocelot • Chicken • Villager • Bat • Cow • Mooshroom • Horse • Pig • Snow Golem • Pig • Sheep|
|Unimplemented||Fish (Mob) • Friendly Wither • Redstone Bug • Giant • Human • Rana|
|Boss||Wither • Ender Dragon|