Fishing is performed using a fishing rod.
There are four varieties of fish available.
There are 6 treasure items available by fishing.
Bows and Fishing Rods obtained as treasure by fishing will be enchanted and slightly damaged. Their enchantment(s) are the equivalent of a level 30 enchant. Enchanted Books will receive any enchantment equivalent to that of a level 30 enchant in an Enchanting Table.
|10 Ink Sacs||0.12%|
Fishing Rods obtained as junk will be very damaged and unenchanted.
There are two enchantments that affect the outcome of fishing:
- Lure, which:
- Decreases the wait time between fish bites
- Decreases the chance of treasure and junk items
- Luck of the Sea, which:
- Increases chance of treasure
- Decreases chance of junk
- To catch the most fish, it is suggested using a fishing rod with both Lure III and Luck of the Sea III
- To catch more treasure, it is suggested using a fishing rod with Luck of the Sea III only. Lure III will reset the chance
- At Lure VIII (unobtainable without the use of the /enchant command), fish bite the rod instantly
- At Lure IX or above (also unobtainable without commands), nothing can be caught
- A fishing rod with Lure III and Luck of the Sea III has no chance of catching junk