The Dispenser, companion to the later-added Dropper, is a redstone block in Minecraft. When activated by a Redstone signal, it will shoot out an item in it. Most items shoot out as entities; however, there are a few that don't. These include:
- Fire Charges
- Spawn Eggs (spawns mob)
- Armor (unless mob/player in front of Dispenser has armor)
- Bone Meal (if crops are in front of Dispenser)
- Splash Potions
- TNT (placed and ignited with no velocity)
- Water and lava (will be placed as source blocks, can be picked up again)
- Flint and Steel (makes a fire)
- Bottle o' Enchanting
This allows the Dispenser to be used for reward systems, traps, automated armor devices, and farms.
- The Dispenser is the only item in Minecraft that uses a weapon or tool in its crafting recipe, namely the Bow. It and the Cake are the only items that use unstackable items.
- It will not activate when moved by a piston in front of a redstone block, but not the same with just regular old redstone.
|Crafted Blocks||Brick (Block) • Beacon • Redstone Torch • Block of Diamond • Block of Emerald • Block of Gold • Block of Redstone • Block of Iron • Block of Coal • Block of Lapis Lazuli • Flower Pot • Item Frame • Hopper • Dropper • Dispenser • Lever • Pressure Plate • Button • Door • Trapdoor • Polished Andesite • Polished Diorite • Slab • Bookshelf • Jack o'Lantern • Stained Glass • Stained Clay • Block of Quartz • Chest • Crafting Table • Furnace • Anvil • Enchantment Table • Ender Chest • Trapped Chest • Stained Glass Pane • Slime Block • Bed • Note Block • Sticky Piston • Redstone Lamp • Fence Gate • Redstone Repeater • Redstone Comparator • Powered Rail • Activator Rail • Boat • Minecart • Minecart with Furnace • Cake • Brewing Stand • Cauldron|