The Apple is a type of food in Minecraft. It can be found in Stronghold Chests, as well as when Oak Leaves are broken or decay. An Apple will heal two hunger bars. They are, however, relatively rare due to their low drop rate. Fortune-enchanted tools can help with this.
How to obtain
- Kill Notch in SMP
- 1/200 chance of dropping from decayed/broken Oak Leaves
- Stronghold/Village/Abandoned Mineshaft Chests
- Trading with Villagers
- Bonus chest
- Surrounding an Apple with eight Gold Ingots will give one Golden Apple. The ingots were original, then switched to nuggets, then switched back.
- Surrounding an Apple with eight Gold Blocks will give one Enchanted Golden Apple.
Apples VS. Carrots
- Both restore the same hunger points.
- Carrots restore more saturation.
- Both are relatively rare food sources.
- Apples do not require fighting (NPC Villages, where Carrots can be found, are quite rare).
- Both are semi-renewable.
- Both can be used to craft a Golden form
- Apples can be used to craft a more powerful Golden form
- The Fortune enchantment increases the chance of Apples dropping from Oak leaves.
|Meat||Steak • Beef • Raw Porkchop • Cooked Porkchop • Raw Chicken • Cooked Chicken • Raw Mutton • Cooked Mutton • Raw Fish • Cooked Fish • Raw Salmon • Cooked Salmon • Pufferfish • Clownfish • Spider Eye • Raw Rabbit • Cooked Rabbit • Rotten Flesh|
|Baked Foods||Cake • Pumpkin Pie • Bread • Cookie • Baked Potato|
|Harvested||Potato • Poisonous Potato • Carrot • Beetroot • Apple • Melon|
|Crafted||Golden Apple • Golden Carrot • Mushroom Stew • Rabbit Stew • Beetroot Soup|